Revised FRANZCOG accreditation standards – coming soon
RANZCOG works to improve health outcomes for women in Australia, New A revised version of the Accreditation Standards and Guidelines for Hospitals in the FRANZCOG Training Program has been approved by the RANZCOG Board and will come into effect from 1 February 2022.
Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
A revised version of the Accreditation Standards and Guidelines for Hospitals in the FRANZCOG Training Program has been approved by the RANZCOG Board and will come into effect from 1 February 2022. Significant changes to standards/criteria include:
- Removal of existing Standard 1 relating to ITP Coordinators, and replacing with a new Standard 1 “Support for RANZCOG officers and engagement with hospital accreditation processes”.
- Standard 4 “Provision of clinical supervision and experience” strengthened and split into five sections: General, Gynaecological, Ultrasound, Colposcopy, Family Planning.
- Consolidation of, and amendments to, criteria relating to training/teaching time, research/study/clinical audit time, and administration time.
- Separated and reinforced criteria for workplace and organisational culture; bullying, harassment and discrimination; and trainees in difficulty.
Further details of changes to the Standards can be found at the beginning of the Standards document.
Accreditation activities undertaken up until 31 January 2021 will continue to use the current version of the Standards and Guidelines.
Thereafter, all hospitals accredited to deliver FRANZCOG training will be assessed using the revised version, for both progress reporting and accreditation visits.
Information on the role of hospitals in the FRANZCOG training program, and the current Standards and Guidelines, can be found here.
The revised Standards and Guidelines can be accessed here.
A summary of the additions and amendments made in the revised version can be accessed here.
The following guidelines support the Accreditation Standards and should be referenced by hospital training sites:
- Guidelines for Hospitals in the FRANZCOG Training Program: Gynaecological Surgical Training
- Guidelines for Hospitals in the FRANZCOG Training Program: Ultrasound Training
The following documents are also available to assist hospitals in delivering effective O&G training:
- Strategies for Training Hospitals to Improve Trainee Gynaecological Surgery Procedure Numbers
- Appropriate Working Hours for a FRANZCOG Trainee