Obstetricians and gynaecologists to gather on Gold Coast for RANZCOG’s Annual Scientific Meeting
More than 1000 obstetricians and gynaecologists will gather on the Gold Coast for the RANZCOG 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting.
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
More than 1000 obstetricians and gynaecologists from across Australia, New Zealand and beyond will gather on the Gold Coast next month for a series of workshops, discussions, keynote addresses and plenaries, with extensive social and networking opportunities at the RANZCOG 2022 Annual Scientific Meeting.
To be held at the Gold Coast Convention Centre, October 10-12, the meeting is themed ‘Transformation: Making Waves’.
Journalists are welcome to attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register, or phone 0448 735 749.
Follow the conference on Twitter @ranzcog #RANZCOG22.
The ASM will reflect on the latest evidence-based practice in the speciality of obstetrics and gynaecology, and women’s health, with topics including but not limited to:
– gender equity in healthcare and healthcare leadership
– gender identity and how this presents in the clinic space
– LGBTQI+ focused care
– climate change
– the role of O&G in the media
– the role of O&Gs on a global scale
– pregnancy loss care
– perinatal menta health
– genetics and fertility
– paediatric and adolescent gynaecology, and
– high risk pregnancy
RANZCOG 2022 ASM highlights include:
– Dr Denis Mukwege – Keynote speaker. Dr Mukwege is the founder of Panzi Hospital in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, a flagship treatment facility for survivors of sexual violence. He is a world-renowned gynaecologist, inspiring advocate for women’s rights and healthcare, and recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize 2018.
– Dr Jeanne Conroy – Keynote speaker. The current President of the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO), Dr Conroy will share decades of experience of both caring for women and succeeding as a woman in leadership and advocacy.
– Dr Nancy Chescheir – Keynote speaker. Dr Chescheir is a powerhouse of Maternal Fetal Medicine in the US. Former Editor-in-Chief of the Green Journal, she also spearheaded the Green Journal podcast, and was at the forefront of a new way to make research and innovation more accessible to the profession.
– Dr Yves Rees (they/them) is a writer and historian based on unceded Wurundjeri land. They are a Lecturer in History at La Trobe University, the co-host of Archive Fever history podcast, and the author of All About Yves: Notes from a Transition. They are also co-editor of Nothing to Hide: Voices of Trans and Gender Diverse Australia.
– Jean Kittson is an author, scriptwriter, public speaker, actor and comedian. She is the author of several books and is the Patron of Palliative Care Nurses Australia and an Ambassador for the Macular Disease Foundation, the Australian Gynaecological Foundation, the Raise Foundation and Taldumande Youth Services.
– Professor Caroline De Costa is Australia’s first female professor of obstetrics and gynaecology. She was instrumental in the fight for women’s reproductive rights in Australia and in Ireland. Professor De Costa has been on the frontline of women’s fight to control their bodies for decades.
Visit the RANZCOG 2022 ASM website for more information.
For media enquiries
Head of Communications and Public Affairs
0448 735 749